There really is not much at all wrong with the FWMJ quilt..,.but it could have been set in a numerous ways. I played with many different fabric ideas for the setting triangles in the middle border, but I felt that with all the prints and proportions of the blocks themselves, a plain fabric would be best - this leaves me with having to do some pretty fancy quilting in these spaces (ack!). Overall, I feel that the quilt is dark..more brown than I really wanted. And, I think I did make the last border too narrow. The Stars for a New Day uses lighter fabrics overall, I had long ago purchased some pretty florals for the setting triangles...and most importantly, when I designed the FWMJ quilt I did not realize that Stars for a New Day had a similar setting in one of its borders which will always make me think that I could have improved FWMJ.
I think this will bug me enough to wish I had re-set the FWMJ quilt. I think I will re-set it. Something like this - once I can purchase new fabric for the setting and borders. The fabrics shown here are ones I picked from the EQ fabric library.